Dear Photography lovers,
Welcome to Drashtikon-Surat Photography Artisans
01. "Drashtikon-Surat Photography Artisans" is created to collect the photography enthusiastic & likeminded photography lovers from the city, which can learn & share the art of photography in modest possible manner through their experience in this field.
02. In no means, this is a social group & any interpersonal-social activity is not acceptable through this group.
03. This group is strictly moderated by the admin members, in case if we observe any discussions which are not related to photography, will be deleted without any notification to the concern member.
04. We are establishing certain rules & regulation to maintain smooth workflow of the group & to achieve the actual objectives of learning art of photography. We expect your generous coordination & cooperation towards this effort. Any member connected to this group by any means, must follow the regulation written here.
05. Anything other than photography shall be deleted, and no notification will be sent to any member if their post is deleted in any case.
06. Any sensitive issue like political, religious and emotional or interpersonal matters will not be discussed on group.
07. In case if any member wants to share his/her photographs, kindly share those on our group page, not on the group wall, it will be moderated.
08. Any personal views or suggestion regarding group are not allowed on group, any member is free to contact administrators only.
09. The main motto and objective of this group is learning & sharing the art of photography, nothing else matters.
10. Any 'photo-walk' or 'photo-trip' not announced on the group wall will not be considered as official Drashtikon photo-walk. In case of any misshape during any individual photo-trips, Drashtikon is no longer responsible.
11. Drashtikon identity cards are no official document to get any permission during your personal photo-trips.
12. In case if any violation of rules & regulations stated here is observed by any admin member, the photographer friends will be eliminated without any further notification.
13. Any rules & regulation stated here can be changed at any point of time by the admin, & they are not answerable to anybody.
14. Any decisions regarding big events, taken by admin members & core comity members will stand final.
15. Any judgments through certain systems or judges for selecting best photographs for monthly theme-based photo-contest will stand final, not further discussion will be entertained or discussed.
16. Admin hold their position just to maintain the group activities & events; they are not the world best photographers, their opinion & views towards anything is just their personal perspective and way of seeing the matter & may differ from other expert & experienced photographers. I hear by request every one to understand the relative efforts at the same time.
17. Digital processing is restricted to minor dusting, levels, sharp/blur, brightness/contrast, curves, burning/dodging, toning. Minor cloning work may be ok as long as you state them in your post. Limited dodging/burning to overcome limitations of recording medium is ok. So, blurred, under exposed, and over exposed among other creative possibilities are just fine. We don't encourage use of "artistic filters" (like texturizers etc) in tools like Photoshop since there are so many such filters which help anyone create unusual and different looking effects which is only a matter of days to pickup and realize everyone can do it. While such effort may lead to art we think they lead to digital art, going beyond the medium of photography which is beyond the scope of this forum. We do believe creativity cannot be programmed.
18. It is important we trust and respect fellow forum members. We critique images and not those who made them. Improvement suggestions become more credible when we make it a habit to recognize what is good. Whilst you post your images, please be prepared to accept and treat positive criticisms regarding strengths as well as improvement areas equally. Our focus is clearly not on bumping the feedback or view counters. The poster may want to know what aspects you liked and what you didn't. Providing a good critique is a skill by itself. You may want to use this forum to develop that skill.
19. Please make sure you own all copyrights to any content (images, your views in terms of discussions, articles etc) you upload to our page. Please limit self promotion to a link or two in your signature (under user profile setting). Please restrict all your discussions to creative and artistic aspects of photography in art form.
20. There are some active members in the group who conduct certain activities voluntarily to serve the group & we respect their sincere efforts from the bottom of our heart.
Enjoy and Enlighten yourself with vision and technique to capture the timeless classic moments through your imagination and camera.
Drashtikon - Surat Photography Artisans